Evansville is located on the county seat of Vanderburgh, Indiana and is one of the third most populated cities and the largest in Southern Indiana. Besides this Evansville is also an important center economically, financially, commercially and culturally in all of Indiana. One remarkable feature about Evansville is the boundary crossed by the 38th parallel and marked by the Interstate 69. If you have been wanting to visit this beautiful city, it is important that you learn some facts about Evansville that will come handy when you reach there.
Now you can fly to one of your favorite destinations with the cheapest deals in your hand with Allegiant Airlines deal. Be the first one to encounter hundreds of travel deals for one of your favorite seats when you choose to make your reservations with Allegiant Airlines Reservations.
Check out these amazing facts about Evansville:
- Evansville is located at the oxbow of Ohio River and hence it is called Crescent Valley or the River City.
- The earliest human civilization recorded around this region dates back to at least 10,000 years.
- It is home to three global NYSE companies namely- Accuride, One Main Financial and Berry Global, all of whose headquarter is Evansville Other trading companies include Escalade, Old National Bank and Shoe Carnival.
- Evansville underwent a major economic growth during the mid-half of the 19th century following the outbreak of the Civil War. Major activities include coal mining, hardwood lumber, and manufacturing.
- Around 1900 Evansville emerged as one of the largest producers of hardwood furniture in the world with more than 41 hardwood factories providing employment to around 2000 workers.
- Evansville is home to thirteen neighborhoods some of which have been listed in the National Register of Historic Places- Bayard Park, Culver, Haynie’s Corner, Jacobsville, Lamasco, Lincolnshire, Riverside, Washington Avenue, West Franklin Street, etc.
- Some of the most popular attractions in Evansville include Angels Mound State Historic Site, Children’ Museum of Evansville, Evansville Museum of Arts, Reitz Home Museum, etc.
If you are interested in complete flight booking assistance you can visit Allegiant Airlines Official Site.