Chicago is the third most populated city of the United States with an estimated population of 10 million people. Chicago is also one of the most visited destinations and is widely celebrated for its significant contribution in the field of tourism and urban planning. From steel framed –skylines, national monuments, museums, iconic landmarks to stunning lakes and gigantic theme parks, Chicago is sure a place closer to your heart. With a little planning and research, it’s important to acquaint oneself about Chicago so that you don’t get culture shock on landing up there. Find here more interesting facts about Chicago and what makes it so special.
Feed your passion for travel with Allegiant Airlines flights, now you can travel to some of your favorite destinations without burning a hole in your pocket. Get a chance to compare your flight fares from several sites and fly away with a price that meets your requirements.
Amazing Facts about Chicago
To enjoy endless offers and cheap flight discounts make your reservations with Allegiant Airlines reservations. Hurry!
- The word Chicago has been originally derived from the French word-Shikaakwa according to the indigenous people of Miami-Iiilnois about a wild onion or wild garlic that grew abundantly across that region.
- Chicago has also been nicknamed as the Windy City, Second City, City of big shoulders and Chi-town.
- Chicago was originally incorporated in 1837 along the shores of Lake Michigan between Mississippi River and the Great Lakes.
- Chicago is an important hub for finance, culture, research and development, science and technology, telecommunications, trade, etc.
- Chicago has been listed as one of the top cities with the highest GDP contribution and contemporarily it is home to 500 fortune companies like Kraft Heinz, Allstate, Boeing, McDonald’s, Exelon, Sears, Walgreens and many more.
- In 2018 Chicago was listed as one of the most visited cities with an estimated visitor of 58 million at both domestic and international levels.
- Some of the most popular landmarks in Chicago include the Millennium Park, the Museum of Science and Industry, Navy Pier, the Magnificent Mile, the Willis Tower, Lincoln Park Zoo and many more.
We hope you have enjoyed reading this blog and provide you with some useful information. If you are interested in reading more blogs or you are looking for innovative travel solutions you can check out Allegiant Airlines Official Site today.